When taking a day off, be sure to make up the classes you missed.
Personal Leave (7 days), Family Leave (7 days): Please apply in advance. For faculty working in NCTU for less than 1 year, days of personal leave will be calculated according to the number of working months. Family leave is regarded as personal leave.
Sick Leave (28 days), Menstrual Leave (1 day/ month): If more than 2 days, a certificate from a legal medical institute or hospital is required. Menstrual leave is regarded as sick leave.
Prenatal Leave (8 days): For the first time, please provide doctor's certificate or Pregnant Women Health Handbook. Prenatal leave can be applied for in separate time periods, at least 1 hour per time, but can not be reserved for after delivery.
Paternity Leave (3 days): A certificate of a legal medical institute or hospital is required. Paternity leave can be taken 3 days before or after delivery, in separate time periods, but at least half a day per time.
Maternity Leave (42 days): Birth Certificate is required; 42 days taken at one time; National holidays are not included.
Miscarriage Leave: A certificate of a legal medical institute or hospital is required. (1) Miscarriage Leave (42 days): For pregnancy over 5 months. (2) Miscarriage Leave (21 days): For pregnancy over 3 months and under 5 months. (3) Miscarriage Leave (14 days): For pregnancy under 3 months.
Wedding Leave (14 days): Please provide the wedding invitation. According to actual needs, wedding leave can be taken in advance but needs to be completed within 1 month after the wedding.
Mourning Leave: Please provide an obituary. The mourning leave can be taken separately, at least half a day per time, but need to be completed within 100 days. (1) Mourning Leave (15 days): For those whose parents or spouse passed away.
(2) Mourning Leave (10 days): For those whose step-parents, parents-in-law, or children passed away. (3) Mourning Leave (5 days): For those whose great-grandparents, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, step-parents-in-law or siblings passed away.
Marrow or Organ Donation Leave: A certificate of a legal medical institute or hospital is required. Will be approved according to actual needs.
Wedding Subsidy: 2-month salary. (1) Re-marrying the original spouse does not qualify.
(2) If husband and wife are both civil servants, the wedding subsidy can be applied for separately.
Childbirth Subsidy: 2-month salary. (1) Limited to own or spouse's delivery.
(2) If husband and wife are both civil servants, only one childbirth subsidy can be applied for. (3) If giving birth in other countries, please register in Taiwan before applying for the childbirth subsidy.
Funeral Subsidy: Death of a parent or spouse, 5-month salary. Death of a child, 3-month salary. (1) Only given when parents and spouse are not civil servants.
(2) In case when husband and wife or relatives are civil servants, only one application should be made per death. (3) Limited to children under 20, unmarried, and unemployed.
Dependent Education Subsidy: According to the amount proclaimed by the Executive Yuan. (1) For children officially studying at school (from public/private primary school to university) in Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen or Matsu.
(2) If husband and wife are both civil servants, only one can apply for dependent education subsidy.
Please apply for the subsidies listed above within 3 months after wedding, childbirth, death, or other registered items. Subsidies will be based on one’s salary of the month when such event takes place.
Fringe Benefits: (1) A NT$ 1,000 gift certificate is given on birthday. (2) For faculty members of the organization over 40, a NT$3,500 subsidy for health examination will be provided every two years.
Teachers should join Civil Servant's Insurance and National Health Insurance programs.
The items of payment of Civil Servant's Insurance include disability benefit, old age benefit, death benefit and dependents’ funeral allowance.
(1) Disability Benefit: -Total Disability: 36-month insured monthly payment if a result of work; 30-month insured monthly payment if due to sickness or accidents.
-Semi-Disability: 18-month insured monthly payment if result from work; 15-month insured monthly payment if due to sickness or accidents.
-Partial Disability: 8-month insured monthly payment if result from work; 6-month insured monthly payment if due to sickness or accidents.
(2) Old Age Benefit: maximum payable benefit is 36-month insured salary.
(3) Death Benefit:
-Death as a result of work: 36-month insured monthly payment.
-Due to sickness or accidents: 30-month insured monthly payment. Those who pay the insurance fee for more than 20 years can receive 36-month insured monthly payment.
(4) Dependents' Funeral Allowance:
-Parents or spouse: 3-month insured monthly payment.
-Children:whose age between 12 and 25, 2-month insured monthly payment; for whose age less than 12 and infants already registered, 1-month insured monthly payment.
Relevant Regulations of Civil Servant's Insurance: (1) The deadline for receiving benefit is within 5 years from the date on which the event happened.
(2) If parents, spouse or children are all insured people, the dependents’ funeral allowance can only be received by one and can not be changed after receipt.
Teachers should join the Pension Fund according to the regulations.
Retirement is divided into voluntary retirement and compulsory retirement. (1) The conditions for voluntary retirement are more than 5 years service and over 60 years of age, or 25 years of service.
(2) The conditions for compulsory retirement are over 5 years of service and over 65 years old or over 5 years of service and not competent for teaching due to mental or physical disadvantages.
(1) Faculty who plan to retire should apply in writing 4 months ahead of the date of retirement. The application should include date and reason for retirement and should be approved by the senior manager as well as President. And inform the Office of Personnel and the Office of Academic Affairs.
(2) Office of Personnel should send the retirement application to the supervising body 3 months ahead of the retirement date.
(3) The retirement application should be approved by the supervising body (Ministry of Education ) before the retirement date.
(4)According to Article 20, Faculty Retirement Act, foreign teachers are limited to receiving a single lump-sum payment.
(5)Teachers who have teaching experiences in private schools can receive a pension from a private school when approved by the supervising educational body.